I DID IT!
Well yesterday finally came. You might be wondering what that was, well it was the Helvetia Half Marathon. This was my first time ever running this far and it was great! Sandy helped Deidre and I (Don't have pictures of them) as we did the novice training for this race. I felt pretty good most of the race, but the last 2 miles were definitely the hardest. I did pick up my pace for this but it felt like forever. Anyway I finished in 2 hours and 1 minute. What a bummer. Actually I said I would be happy finishing in 2:10, but it is hard to be so close to 2 hours flat. Anyway, I did it and I am happy.
Well yesterday finally came. You might be wondering what that was, well it was the Helvetia Half Marathon. This was my first time ever running this far and it was great! Sandy helped Deidre and I (Don't have pictures of them) as we did the novice training for this race. I felt pretty good most of the race, but the last 2 miles were definitely the hardest. I did pick up my pace for this but it felt like forever. Anyway I finished in 2 hours and 1 minute. What a bummer. Actually I said I would be happy finishing in 2:10, but it is hard to be so close to 2 hours flat. Anyway, I did it and I am happy.
The true champion of the day was Dustin. He got the kids up after I left and drove to two different spots on the course to cheer me on (one of which I barely missed them). They were also at the finish line. Now for any of you who know my kids, you know what a HUGE task this was. I was in tears at the end to know I had such a great support team. Thank you Dustin for all your help so I could get in all of my running days over the past 3 months. Your the best!
7 comments:
Sweet Megan! I didn't know you were training for this. Way to go!!
Congratulations, Megan! This is inspiring - although I'm not so good at doing anything more strenuous than the Wii Fit...
You are the bomb! That is so cool that you did that. Congrats on the accomplishment.
Holy Crap Megan! I had no idea you were doing such a thing. That's amazing. Way to go
Megan,
That is amazing! That is my goal for next year. We'll see if it really happens. I've never been much of a runner. I'm so proud of you. Good job!
Wow, go Megan! I'm impressed! I know I would never be able to do it.
I know this is a little late...but I am so so so proud of you! I know how hard you worked for this. I was totally crying when I read this post! You are awesome! :)
Post a Comment