Monday, December 01, 2008

Where is Megan?


I don't know if it is Oregon that is growing on me or if I am just becoming more relaxed, but this year we just used our porch trees for our main Christmas Tree and then I turned the decorating over to the kids. Yes, I left all of my decorations in the storage and pulled out every ornament the kids have ever made and let them go to town. Dustin didn't think I would be able to turn the control over to them, but I did. I am so proud of myself. And you know what? I think they are the best trees EVER! The kids did such a good job and I truly love looking at them.

Savannah put up all of the gold beads and then they each got there own tree to decorate themselves. I don't know if you can see, but Jacob put all of his ornaments on one branch at the bottom of his small tree. Good thing I think it is the cutest thing ever, because the OCD in me is really triing hard not to distribute them evenly on his tree. :)

4 comments:

lawtrix said...

I love this! To your kids, it's probably just as great as you spending hours making everything perfect. Since I was working until this week and since we're going to be up in Utah for Christmas, I went minimalist with the decorations, too. The highlight: several (unbreakable) nativities, which get rearranged regularly.

Katie said...

I AM proud of you! You are the Christmas queen. It's so hard for me to let go of the little unimportant things like perfectionist Christmas decorating. . . but the kids are always so much happier when I'm more laid back!

I miss you guys! If you have any time over the holidays, let me know. I'll be at my mom's a lot so I could meet you somewhere. I know how hectic things are when you come out though so don't stress if you're too busy!

Stacie said...

That WAS pretty laid back of you! I think it is just better if you move back to Utah, preferrablly the Providence area, because your just goin crazy!:)
They did an awesome job though. Looks beautiful!

Michelle C. said...

Wow, you are changing! I let the kids decorate my tree(do you like that, "my tree") for FHE. It's my favorite tree. I haven't moved one ornament.