Time With Dad
So after Jonah's birthday party, Dustin and Jonah headed out to Tillimook for the annual Father and Son's Camp Out. They first headed to the Cheese Factory. Jonah loves this place because he gets to see "How It's Made." (One of his favorite shows on TV). They watched the factory, smashed some pennies in the machine, and ate dinner.
Then off to the campground where Mom bought him this whistle to wear at all times in case he got lost or in trouble. Thanks for having it on him Dad.
While he loved the whole camping thing (smores, fire, sleeping in a tent), his favorite aspect was throwing rocks into the river, and of course being with his Dad. He told Dustin "I love you Dad" too many times to possibly count on this outing. What a great kid.
Dustin was awesome to spend this time with Jonah alone. He said it was just great. He loved and needed the one on one time with his son, not having to worry about anything else. Sometimes it's hard to find extra time when you are trying to run a restaurant (another story).
On Saturday, Jonah's official Birthday, Dustin took Jonah to the Air Museum. Jonah thought this was so cool and Dustin agreed. They both love planes and Savannah and I were glad they could do it without us.
Once they were back home Jonah fell asleep on the couch for a couple of hours before putting in his one request of the day. Slip and Slide with the whole family. We had such a fun time, and yes I deleted any video with me on the slide in a swimsuit. :)
3 comments:
How cute. Looks like the boys had tons of fun camping! I love that you sent him with a whistle - sounds like something I would do. I go into a panic at the thoughts of fathers-and-sons because it involves my boys and water and not having me there to make sure no one drowns!
good times! But I am surprised you didn't do the slip and slide in front of the camera Megan! haha.(no way I would do it either) I am glad Jacob is feeling better, poor kid, and happy birthday Jonah!
Hey Meg. So funny. Like you delete yourself. Nerd! Actually I would too. Ha ha. I haven't seen your blog forever. I didn't know you were so current on it. You're way better than I am. You need to email me when you do a post. I miss you and can't wait to see you and your cute family. By the way, the picture of Dustin and Jonah above is so cute. And I love Vanni hula hooping and Jacob after he's feeling better eating cereal. Love it Love it. & Love you too.
Post a Comment